Ratemyserver.Net Terms of Service For Server Owners
Upon registration as a Server Owner, you agree to the following:
Your server meets all of the following basic ratemyserver.net server listing requirements:
- Your server is currently (or within 1 week of being) up and running
- Your server is completed and will be online almost 24/7 except during crash or maintenance
- Your server accept player registration at the current time and in the foreseeable future
- Your server has a completed website and/or forum and contain the following information:
- Server Details: A page that list the server rates and features.
- Communication: A way to support players outside of the game. Such as a forum, Facebook page/group or discord.
- Connection: A client download link or instruction on connecting to your server.
- Registration: A control panel for registering new accounts or instruction on creating an account.
If any of the above requirement is not meet, ratemyserver.net reserve the right to remove your server from the ratemyserver.net server listing.
You will not submit any false information such as:
- False server website
- False server IP
- False registration link
- False server rates
- False server features
- Server which you have no authorization
If the ratemyserver.net staff believes any of the above are fraudulent,
we have the right to remove the server from the ratemyserver.net server listing.
You will attempt to keep your server with updated information:
Duplicated Server Listing:
- Servers will be removed from the listing if there is not any website, forum, or server activity for 30 days.
Active Server Listing Status:
- In case if there is a duplication of listing for the same server with the same website and similar rates, only the listing page that is linked from the server's website will stay in the listing. If none of the listing is linked from the server's website, then the listing with more review will stay on the list. If there is no review for both listing, then the latest registered listing will be kept. All other listing will be removed.
- Owner is encouraged to remove their previous listing by setting their server status on the owner control panel from 'Show' to 'Hidden' before starting a new listing for the same server.
You will maintain good sportsmanship:
- If a server has been listed for more than 45 days and there is no review made on the server listing, the server listing will automatically change status to inactive. In that case, a notification will be sent to you with instruction to reactivation your listing.
- If a server has not been reviewed for more than a certain amount of time, the server listing will automatically change status to inactive. In that case, a notification will be sent to you with instruction to reactivation your listing.
- The ratemyserver.net staff may change the status of any server listing from 'show' to 'hide' in order to hide the server from the listing. You may or may not be notified. In such case, the account owner must login to his/her account to change the status of the server back to 'show' if the account owner wishes the server to stay on the listing.
You will not spam your ratemyserver.net links in any unauthorized area:
- Server owners caught providing incentives to their players for reviews of their servers (no matter good or bad) will have their servers suspended from the listing.
- Server owners caught trying to workaround the Terms of Services or taking advantage of loopholes will have their servers suspended from the listing.
This includes but not limited to:
- Making any kind of misleading statement to players
- Creating any indirect way of providing incentives for reviews
- Server owners caught attempting to manipulate reviews or review results in any way will receive a warning and/or suspension from the server listing.
This includes but not limited to:
- Telling players to give a high score
- Telling players they must write a positive review
- Writing multiple reviews on any server to inflate/deflate rankings
- Associating server score, number of review or server ranking with any server goal or event
- Blackmailing players in exchange for reviews
- Punishing players for writing negative reviews
- Servers caught allowing third party (including but not limited to: player, streamer, helper, GM) sponsored actions or events to affect their server review results will have their servers suspended from the listing.
- If the ratemyserver.net staff receive report(s) of this kind of misconduct, the server(s) will face a temporary suspension.
By signing up to our services, you are agreed to accept both positive and negative feedback on your server(s). We believe every player should have a say on the server he or she played. Reviews that do not break our review guidelines are considered valid. If you or your server(s) are not ready to accept constructive criticism, our service might not be a good fit for you.
Server who have broken the Terms of Services and were suspended the first time will be allowed to create a new listing no less than two weeks after the date of suspension. Server who have broken the Terms of Services more than once may have their server listing suspended with or without notice and receive a permanent banishment from our listing.
Last Updated: July 25, 2022
RateMyServer.Net reserve the right to change this agreement at any time.
Close this window